Thursday, July 26, 2012

On the road again.

The movers packed up everything except Nate's and my stuff. So our whole house was empty (for the most part) for a couple days. My room was messy and unorganized and cluttered with junk, but the rest of the house had one or two things in each room. 

On a Wednesday morning, we hit the road and headed east.

Every 2-3 hours, we traded drivers.

Elias even had his turn. ;)

Bright and early and ready to go.
 Kai is a great ipod DJ. :)


There's the path we took.
Washington --> Idaho --> Montana --> North Dakota

I don't remember what state we were in when Nate used his long arms to take this picture, 
but I'm thinking it was Montana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Glacier National Park was our one and only major stop along the way.
Our U-Haul truck was too long by a foot. 12 INCHES. oh goodness... so we weren't able to drive through the park. We could only drive about 5 minutes into the park and then turn around. We didn't even see glaciers. 
It's alright though. The views we did see were amazing!
I think their gift shop should have had shirt that said, "I went to Glacier National Park... 
and didn't see any glaciers." 
I would have bought it... 


Huckleberry smoothie- it hits the spot.




I could gaze at this view all day long.

I think this was taken in Montana too.

My first attempt at the gaga bow. :)

The start to Josiah's Chaco tan. He's so proud! :)

It's 103 degrees. No big deal.


We're so cool. 
And we're now pros when it comes to road tripping.

-------------------------------------------------------------

About 5 days after leaving Washington, we make it to Grand Forks, North Dakota.
My dad flew to GF a few weeks before we got there to look at apartments, so when we got there, we were able to move in the next day! 

And so the unpacking begins! It was extremely hot outside, so bringing boxes and boxes and boxes and more boxes up to the third level of an apartment complex wasn't exactly glamorous...
Thankfully, we had an elevator! :D
It took awhile to gain enough courage to bring the couch up... Ha!

This is why it takes me so long to unpack... ;) 
I block it ALL out with a mattress.


1 comment:

  1. Hug your Mom from me please. :-)



    Mrs. McKinnon

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.