Tuesday, May 21, 2013

hawaii bound: our long "layover" in washington

my brother and i were ready to leave this town! 

we had a 3 hour delay in minneapolis, so we just walked & walked to burn time.
nate even invented this contraption so my luggage was hands-free! #lazyme

------------------------------------------------------------------------

long layovers are great. especially the ones that are 4 days and in the city (seattle) you use to live in before north dakota. it was SO great to visit with friends we hadn't seen since last summer. 


bryce, sydney, me and nate

one morning we visited our old community college. we walked the halls and reminisced on past classes, teachers, and schedules. we even met up with a couple friends and ran into others by surprise! i was able to say hi to my favorite professor (from anatomy and physiology) before her next class started. she was shocked to see me, and i was shocked she still remembered me. :D

rachel and i
sydney, hannah and i
chef bryce doing what he does best!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

during my stay in washington, a couple of my friends and i were blessed beyond belief when our friend/mentor, leah, asked if we wanted to stay with her, her husband and another family from church in a huge house on lake chelan. my friend texted me the website/pictures a few weeks before, and i was down that instant. 

on google maps, the trip was only about four and a half hours, but we made it a day trip with all our random stops: getting out and taking tons of pictures, food stops and bathroom breaks... you know the drill.


i've missed this view since moving to grand forks.


once we drove over the mountains, it was pretty flat (and i was almost back home.) ;)

so many different biomes in washington... i think we drove through all of them that day!

the first major stop we took was in leavenworth, wa. it's a beautiful german town. 
ich liebe dich!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

breath-taking, wouldn't you say? the website wasn't lying.
katherine, leah (who is due next month!), alyssa, and i
it's sad we were only able to spend a little bit of time together, but i am so thankful for the time we did have!


2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! So glad at least SOME of my family was able to see you when you were (briefly) in Washington. :)

    Hug the rest of your family for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW these photos are gorgeous!! Washington looks like such a beautiful place! It reminds me of California's mountains, but I'm such not as hot haha. Beautiful, looks like you had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.