Tuesday, June 18, 2013

hiking: ko'olua mountains & the pali trail

 this plant was incredible! it had three leaves per 'row' and they twisted upward kind of like a staircase. God is so amazingly creative.
it might be hard to believe, but we ARE on a path.
 sleeping grass and its pink flower. 
 shortest to tallest
 under the highway
 i got this picture before they came up from under the highway. (yes, this is an official trail.)
 ma bros 4 lyfe (minus e).
 that big building in the middle-ish/left of the picture is where our church meets.
"falling rocks!" and underneath are the words: tripping is just ok. haha :) get it? it took me awhile.
the trail head for this hike literally starts in our church's parking lot. we rose early, went to the earliest service (8 am) then hit the trails. the waterfall is only a little over a half a mile in, so it didn't take long. :) last time we hiked up to the falls, we used the waterfall as a slide... just like the movies, but i think the movies make it look umm, effortless? and they do it more gracefully too.  we ate an early lunch there, then left when it started to get crowded. my mom went back down to the car with elias, and drove up to the pali lookout. my dad, three brothers and i hiked up the mountain and met mom and e at the beautiful windy lookout. great hike. definitely doing it again soon. probably this weekend. :)


8 comments:

  1. Ahhh sooooo stinkin' gorgeous! I love God's creation! How blessed you are :)

    Glad you are having such an awesome summer thus far. P.S. I don't get that sign. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to pinch myself (figuratively- of course) almost daily. I am really living here?

    Okay, the sign. they use a different definition for the word "rocks". fun, exciting, etc "this place rocks!" "falling to the ground... or falling off a cliff rocks" or just "falling rocks" And tripping is just ok. (not as fun as falling.) Haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! how fun and what an amazing view! As I was looking at your pictures i swore you were in Puerto rico. Such likeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I've never been to Puerto Rico, but I'm sure it'd be lovely!

      Delete
  4. I think it'd be amazing to have a hiking trail behind our church! What an appropriate place for spending time with God's creation. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CORRECT! I love spending time in His creation. <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my. Your pictures are just wonderful! It looks so beautiful there. And that trail looks just a little bit difficult! Haha. But still, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    Beautiful photos!
    Thanks for sharing!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.