Friday, January 17, 2014

living


Usually people are excited to start their first day of classes, am I right? New classes, empty binders, seeing old friends, a clean slate and just the excitement of starting over.

My first day back was this past Tuesday, and that morning was not one of those happy first days.

I woke up dreading the things to come. My stomach felt sick, and I was miserable. I dragged my heavy body out of bed, did my morning routine, ate breakfast & started making my pb&j sandwich for lunch. 

By this time the pain was almost unbearable. I honestly think it was God trying to get my attention. "Rosala, you need to give this day to Me.... Let ME handle it." This verse was running through my head: 

"Seek Me and you will find Me when you seek me with all your heart."

With ALL your heart.

I left my half made sandwich (who does that?!) and ran to my room & read my devotional. It was perfect. I love when God does that.

From Psalm 4:

"Answer me when I call to You.
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress.
Be merciful to me & hear my prayer."

It goes on, & I encourage you to read it. So beautiful.
I prayed and asked Him for relief from my distress. Almost immediately my body felt better, my stomach didn't feel like puking, and I felt God's comfort. Truly amazing. 

I encourage you, if God is pulling or knocking, answer Him. Drop what you're doing (homework, laundry... sandwich-making) and talk to Him. Read His Word. Yes, those other things are important, but something else is more important. 

Give each morning & day to Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.