Sunday, January 16, 2011

That's a first.


Hello all...

I'm creating this blog because of a few reasons.

1. I'm becoming obsessed with reading other people's blogs. So, I thought, "Why not start my own?" :)

2. Writing my thoughts and interests down is important to me. I do keep a journal, but spelling is NOT my strong suit; therefore, a internet/computer blog will be able to spell for me :) Anyone reading my (hand written) journal in the future will have to read it with caution! [Beware] I've had people compliment on my handwriting more than a couple times, so I AM disappointed in the way that the computer world is leaving out handwriting. :( Handwriting can tell you a lot about a person: Whether or not they're sloppy, neat, organized, creative or thoughtful.


My current journal


3. A journal is wonderful most of the time. But sometimes, photography and 'internet art' make memories fonder.

4. Email and Facebook is great (don't get me wrong), but some of the time, I just want to say something once and not repeat myself over and over and over.


I named my blog "A rose with happiness", because my name is, for the sake of this blog, Rose, and roses are so beautiful! Happiness because of two reasons. The movie, Pursuit of Happyness, was so good that I decided to use the word happyness, but I spelled it correctly by changing the 'y' to 'i': Happiness. Also, I am a happy girl. It is by GRACE I have been saved through faith. I can't do anything to save myself. He is too perfect, and I'm too sinful. He lights up my world everyday, and I strive to be a witness for Him. You could say I have joy (attitude of the heart), while happiness is an emotion and temporary. I chose 'happiness' because I like how the word sounds. So, just know that I'm more joyful than happy... if that makes sense.


Summer 2008. I took this picture while living in Germany.
It's the courtyard of a castle on the Rhine River.

And so the adventure of the blog world begins...


Until next time.

2 comments:

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.