Friday, February 4, 2011

Names

I love interesting names.

Names that sound pretty or names that are cute :) My wonderful parents actually made my name up: Rosala. They liked the 'rose' part, and a grandmother from both sides of the family had a rose- name. One was Rosalin and the other was Rosaleah. (I'm not so sure about the spellings).

So, they just called me Rosala. I love it. I like being unique. I'm not just another... what's a common name? Sarah? Not that Sarah isn't a nice name, it's just that I like variations. Names that you don't come across everyday.

Here are some other names that I have a likin' for:

Girls:
Avigail- (Variation of Abigail: father's joy)
Nevaeh- (Heaven spelled backwards. Only problem is that that name IS becoming quite popular.)
Felicity- (English: happiness)
Vera- (Russian: faith)
Lydia- (Germanic: of the noble sort)
Genesis- (Greek: Beginning, birth)
Emmalyn- (Emma- German: all-containing, universal. Lyn- English: near a lake/pond)
Lyric- (English: lyric)
Thea- (Greek: gift of god)
Willow- (English: willow)
Adeline- (Germanic: noble)
Constance- (Latin: steadfast)
Maisy- (English: pearl)


Boys:
Lincoln- (English: lake settlement/colony)
Truman- (English: faithful man)
Silas- (Latin: of the forest)
Joel- (Hebrew: the Lord is God)
Levi- (Hebrew: combined/joined in harmony)
Matthias- (Hebrew: gift of God)
Liam- (Germanic: will, desire)
Shiloh- (Hebrew: peaceful, tranquil)


Until next time.


p.s. My dad actually wanted to name me Sarah ;)

Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.