Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankyou Jesus.

This past weekend was quite eventful, a little... ok maybe a lot... :) It was stressful, exciting, busy and amazing :D

My Friday started out with biology at eight in the blessed AM! My profesor talked about what would be on the test that Monday. Yes, Monday... for some reason he likes giving tests on Mondays... yippie! :\ Then I had my very simple waste-of-time kind of class: Math in Society. I'm glad it's easy though... Only problem is, it gets a little tiring after awhile, because I have that class every. single. day.

We've kind of made this tradition of driving to the local frozen yogurt with my brother and some friends on Fridays after classes.

It's a nice break, and a good start to the weekend. :)
The place is so cozy and relaxing, and the frozen yogurt is sososo good! (LOVE) They change the flavors every week, so this time I got peanut butter. Ohmygoodness! It is the best thing ever! :D

Anyways, we got home and I tried to finish my 5 page essay (due Monday) for my english class....

SO, if you haven't been paying attention, I have a Biology exam to study for AND a wonderful paper to write :P Shall be an interesting weekend...



no fun for me... no siree. But then again, it might just be an awesome weekend!

Okay, on to Saturday, my friend and I volunteered to watch kinder at my church for a marriage conference. So, she picked me up, and we watched kids from ages about 8 months to 4-year-olds for the whole morning (including lunch). I ended up getting home at around 1:30ish.

This gave me just enough time to run around the house getting certain things ready for the JROTC Navy Ball!
I drove over to some friends of mine to get ready :D Their wonderful aunt was there to do hair and makeup. She was awesome!

I got to sit at the head table with Josh, Rachel, Nate, Tim, and some other people. :) The ROTC people did a great job and I had so much fun!

At the end of the ceremony, they had dancing :) It was a blast, but Rachel and I couldn't get Josh or Nate to join in. Such party poopers ;) It's alright, we finished dancing and played cards (the 4 of us) because the music was SUPER DUPER LOUD!! And THEN, we went to Applebee's until 12:15 in the morning. Craziness!

:)


Here's some pictures from that night...


Rachel and I at the Navy Ball



The whole gang :)



All the guys lookin' so spiffy.


My brother and I


Nate, Rachel, Josh, and I :)
Fun night... fun night...

The next morning was Sunday! Thankfully I was able to sleep in a bit. :) Unfortunately for Nate and Josh... they had to get up nice and early to practice/set up for youth worship.

I hadn't really studied at all for biology this weekend, so I was definitely starting to stress and freak out. :\ I got to church a little early (not much though). But enough to experience God's goodness to me. While the worship group was still practicing, I flipped open my Bible to a random spot. Well, before I tell the story, let me say that I usually underline significant verses and read them again if I flip to a page with unlined text. So I randomly flipped to Matthew 6. And then I read the verse:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34


At first I thought, oh great! I don't have to study... ;) haha
And then I thought, Oh great... what kind of trouble does today hold.
I was confused. Am I suppose to study? Or what?


And then I read another underlined verse. It said:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-27

God tells us not to worry.
So maybe I should study BUT not worry :) Yay! I figured it out!


Just for the record, God showed himself through.
I did study some.
And I did get an amazing grade.

Before handing out the test scores, my teacher said something along the lines of, "Over all, you guys did pretty well. One person got a 100%, and quite a few of you got mid/upper 90s, and no one got 20 or 30%. That makes teachers really happy." So then he laid the scantrons on the table in the front of the class for us to get. I found mine, and honestly I didn't know how to read it... how embarrassing. I hadn't taken a scantron test before so I was trying to figure it out. Someone looked over my shoulder and said, "You got a 100%!" I looked in shock. There it was in red: 50/100% meaning 50 questions right, therefore 100 percent. :) I had to ask my teacher... was there really only ONE person that got 100. He said "yep." I was like.. "umm well... that was me!" :) He said "great job!" and gave me a high five :D

The rest of the day, I was walking on air ;)

Thankyou Jesus!



Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.