Saturday, March 19, 2011

Productivity.

Productive is a word I can use to describe my days off Facebook and on Spring Break.

On Wednesday I finished my second quarter of college, and survived ;) I had a Biology and English final. All the tests in biology are scantron based; therefore, it doesn't take too long for the teacher to grade. So that same day my final grade was known. I walked to my teachers office before my next class, and he looked at the records on his computer and told me I got a 94.4%=3.9. Man, that was way too close to a 4.0 (95%+). If I would have gotten 1 or 2 more answers correct on a test or quiz, it probably would have bumped my grade up just enough. How disappointing... He also told me that I had the highest grade in the class! Haha. So I kind of have mixed feelings about that grade. I should have asked him if he could of given me a 4.0, because I had the highest grade... oops.

I had some time to kill, so I walked to the gym at school :) At around 11:30 I headed back to my next class...

English's final was just a paper to turn in :) No in-class essay :D We handed in our papers to him in a addressed and stamped envelope, so that he could mail our papers back and send us our final grade.

And then I was D-O-N-E!

No more school until March 28th. Finals were on Wed, Thurs, and Fri, but both of mine were on Wednesday! Yay, 2 more days of break :)

So, now I'm on Spring Break!

On Thursday, I drove Nate to his final that morning. I wanted to drive him, because I like forcing myself to get up (then I don't feel as if I'm "wasting the day away"). :)
So I dropped him off and went to the gym again. It's a little smaller than the one on post, but if you get there at 7:50am during finals week... NO ONE IS THERE! :) Well, except one person at the desk ha. After that, my mom sent me to the commissary; I used a ton of coupons that my mom had given me:) and I actually lost the shopping list :\ Thankfully I was pretty much done by then. So I was checking out and everything... the African American cashier was scanning all the coupons, and at the end she said, "You saved $13 dollars! You go girl!" Haha I love it :) She was SO nice too! I admire people that always seem cheery and joyful.

:)

By the way, it was St. Patrick's Day that day too, So I made pancakes with green sprinkles for lunch :) And then I babysat our neighbors for a bit.



For dinner I made this 6 strand braided bread. I used the bread maker to make the dough but cooked it in the oven. I added rosemary, some garlic and herbs. The house smelled so good :) The 6 strand thing may sound hard, but it really isn't. I learned to do it from youtube ;) The bread
went with our corned beef and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's Day.
:)


After dinner my mom and two younger siblings went to a movie on base: Tangled. It is CRAZY how cheap the tickets are there. $7 for 4 people! You cannot beat that. It was such a cute movie :) But I think my favorite part was listening to all the dads laugh throughout the movie :)


Well, needless to say, my first full day of break wasn't exactly a "break". But it was a break from school :)
It was busy, but no deadlines were put in place (thankfully)... which made me happy.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.