Friday, March 25, 2011

Cough cough

For those of you who don't know, being sick is not fun.

Out of the blue, I became really sick on Wednesday. Like
really sick. Really quickly. Within 3 hours, I went from feeling ok to a 102 point something fever. I don't usually get sick (thankfully), but when I do, it's bad.

-Coughing
-102 Fahrenheit fever (for 2 days)
-painful coughing
-headache
-back and neck hurt/achy

My throat hurts every time I cough, so I try not to cough. But it's hard not to cough when your body makes you cough. Thankfully, cough drops are helping and so is cough medicine, but my throat still hurts. So, I drink water... lots of water.

I have already learned my lesson about drinking water when my throat starts to hurt. :)


A few years ago, I insisted that not drinking water [for my sore throat] was the best way to go. But my sore throat just got worse and worse. I probably didn't eat or drink for 2-3 days (not a good thing to do). Anyways, I ended up going to the ER because of dehydration. They hooked me up to a IV, and I was completely miserable. I absolutely hate IVs or giving blood. Every time I have to do that stuff, I start sweating and start seeing spots, AND almost black out... not fun at all :( Anyways, when the water started going into my wrist (that is where the nurse found a vein- it took her awhile because my veins were really small or something), I could feel the water spreading up my arm and throughout my body... such a weird feeling. haha I don't remember exactly how much water I ended up getting, but it was a lot (maybe two and a half liters).

Lesson Learned: Every time I have the slightest sore throat coming on, drink tons of water :) It works.

So for the past few days, I've just been spending 95% of my time on the couch or in my bed... drinking water or sleeping or watching movies/shows.

In some ways it's nice to be sick during Spring Break, and in other ways it's not. I have minimal responsibilities right now, but I did have a list of things to do before the break ended. I probably won't get as much done as I wanted to. Oh well.

Cough. cough. cough. cough. cough.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.