Sunday, January 29, 2012

My 19th

The week prior to my birthday, we had an ice and snow storm. Our power went out for 3 days, and we had to entertain ourselves the old-fashion way. ;)


Playing King's Corner while my Nate plays background music for us.


Here we are learning poker... our chips were Life cereal. Haha.
We came up with many puns. Example: "You're taking my life away!"
I think I ended up being in debt by 20 pieces... :\ Oh, well. It was just cereal.


No electricity. Just the light of the candles.


We camped out in the living-room to stay warm.
Lucy liked trying out everyone's sleeping bag :)
------------------------------


Nate's birthday was in December, but he didn't have a party, so we had a combined party.



And you might be wondering... how did we make a cake without electricity. Well, I went to my friend's house, and we baked it the night before the party. Thank you, Katherine!! :)


She decorated my side: Once upon a time... Rosala turned 19.
I did Nate's side: HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY NATE.



Kai, me & his card.
:)


Josiah, me and his card.
:)

My aunt is so cute. She sent the gift from Minnesota, so she must have known the bow needed fluffing. :)
---------------------------------------------------


We did Lazer Tag to celebrate! :)
Fun. Fun. Fun.



Make a wish! :)


-----------------------------------

On my actual birthday, my mom and I went shopping! We ate lunch at Red Robin. I got the Chicken teriyaki sandwich. :) Then we went to Target, Forever 21, Value Village, Barnes & Noble (I could spend forever in that store... I ended up reading some of the new book by Katie Davis: Kisses from Katie. Her blog is here), and Cold Stone for dinner. Yummm


End-of-the-day picture :) I love you, mom!

2 comments:

  1. FUN:-) Being without power can be annoying, but it also can be a little adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake looks soo yummy - happy bday!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.