Wednesday, December 12, 2012

finals week



 finals week is already over for me. i had my last final yesterday morning: two on monday and two on tuesday. i'm kinda happy about that, because now i'm completely done. no more studying for a whole month!  
i debated about posting this now seeing as a lot of people still have a couple tests left. i don't want to rub it in; instead, my encouragement to you all who are still taking tests is:
finish strongly! and
do your best, and let God do the rest.


when i was in an empty classroom waiting for my last test to start, i doodled on the chalkboard.
i have a love/hate relationship with chalkboards. i absolutely hate the sound of screeching chalk. it's probably the worst sound ever, but i love all the cute things you can do with them! :)
#chalkboardsarenotformath haha


you know that awesome moment when you open up your Bible and the perfect verse is right there in front of you? it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, well, it's amazing. about 10 minutes before one of my hardest test, i did that. (it was the app on my phone though):

"i am the vine; you are the branches. the one who remains in me and i in him bears much fruit...
*and the best part*
...because apart from me you can accomplish nothing." -Jesus (john 15:1)

thanks for that reminder, Lord. i was encouraged.

this round of finals (compared to ones in the past) seemed low-key and simply unstressful. i blinked, and they were over. don't get me wrong, i did study- a lot, but i felt like i was on autopilot the whole time. i think it was partly because i wasn't concerned with getting +95% in all my classes like i was at pierce for dental hygiene. but also, the other reason is because i'm learning that God doesn't love me/us more or less depending on the grades we get. he loves us for who we are (not what we accompish). i did my best and let God do the rest.

God really gave me peace. and without the stress factor, more info can get into this little brain of mine.

thank you, Lord, for your goodness and that little faith booster.
You're pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.