Saturday, May 11, 2013

awkward and awesome (but mostly awkward)


i'm done with my first year at a university! two more years to go (hopefully). i'm enjoying my days off by packing & cleaning & working and more packing&cleaning&working. 
i've been trying to hang out with as many friends as possible before i leave north dakota for the summer. i don't care what people say about this place, it's growing on me. right now i'm spending my wonderful saturday morning at caribou coffee. waiting for a friend to come sip coffee with. :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 laundry day. can you see nate?
michelle tanner at the gym!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay, now it's time for the awkward and awesome things that have happened in the past, what, 30 days?!? it's been awhile...

awkward:


+*'only at walmart' moment* gangdum style being playing by someone's phone through the speaker.


+catching a snowflake on my tongue... in april.

+that moment when i get in bed, about to fall asleep and then i realize i still have my contacts in. :( gosh, so not cool.


+carrying around a loaf of bread all day. #hungergames #peeta



+eating yogurt with a fork.



+the moment i realized climbing is a high impact sport and it isn't for wimps. i have a bruised, scraped, calloused, blistered body when i leave the wall most days. (i'm going to miss it this summer.)


+banging my bruised knee twice.


+tripping on the stairs going up to our apt, spilling my almond milk over everything including my jacket, jeans, phone, and backpack. oh, and obviously the stairs too... i was tired.

+on a friday afternoon i was so excited because it was warm enough to bike to school in the morning. then i realized the next morning was saturday morning. :(

+deer broke. long story short (according to my teacher) the kiln heated up too fast, pieces exploded and became shrapnel to other pieces. everything was in ruins...

+biology homework question: a human who just ate a hamburger is eaten by a shark while swimming. The shark is acting as a ________. Umm, ok. #mybiologyhomework 
*the answer is tertiary consumer (if you we're wondering.)

+seeing not only my friend at this coffee shop, but also my pastor, a lady who comes to my work and orders a tuna panini everyday, my communications professor from last semester, and another girl from church. 

awesome:
+when i whip out my washington rain boots and everyone (ok, more like ten people) asks where I got them from.

+smart car from manitoba with plates: le car

+10 bags of groceries and one trip. because i can.

+buy 10 drinks, get the 11th free. ok, i'll go all out. i should've asked for 4 or 5 shots. not 3...
** disclaimer: i forget there's more than one type of shot... i'm talking about the espresso type;)

+i'm a rebel. i don't "hold on" when the airport tram says to do so. reason: i need to practice my slack-line and surfing balance. ;)

+thankful for lowe's employees. i had no idea what spackle or a epoxy glue was, but they were able to lead me to the right place.



+went to red lobster: the hostess' name was rosie and the waitress' name was jacqueline (almost my name and almost my mom's name.) <3



2 comments:

  1. Oh no about the almond milk incident! I always manage to spill milk on myself. And it always makes such a mess.

    Enjoyed the pictures! And yay, congrats on being done with your first year at university!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i LOVE spending time over coffee with friends. and congrats for your first year in college.
    enjoy your time there

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.