Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Awkward & Awesome 8/13/14

Hi, people! Long time no post, huh? Sorry, I've been busy ;) Yay, intense summer school... you. are. over. 
*happy dance*

Now on to the awkward and awesome post... aka the only stuff I type up anymore.   
Enjoy.


//the awkward

Using the vending machine's reflection to do my hair because the bathroom was being cleaned. 


A customer comes in (I don't think he's ever made a cup of coffee before. I'm not talking about a white chocolate mocha or carmel macchiato. I talking a cup of jo with cream & sugar.) anyways, it goes like this: first of all, he needed help pulling the lever to get the coffee out, (ok, maybe he's never seen one like ours before- understandable), but then he proceeds to put skim milk, half and half, a pump of hazelnut, vanilla and original creamer, honey, and a packet of every sugar (real and artificial. We have regular, raw, Splenda, equal, etc etc) in the little 12 oz cup. It's like the Dr. Pepper of coffees. 

Speaking of Dr. Pepper or coke or soda or whatever you call it: I overheard the funniest conversation, but first I have the explain to non-midwesterners that here people call this sugary carbonated drink 'pop'. I remember always making fun of my parents for calling it pop, but that's what they grew up with. Personally, I still think it's a little funny to hear. Pop. Haha :) Anyways, back to the conversation... this guy was trying to explain to his girlfriend(?) that people in other parts of the US call it 'soda' or in Texas it's 'coke' (even if you want a Sprite or Pepsi; it's still called a Coke.) Her reply was priceless! "At my work, if someone asks for a soda, I'm going to give them a soda water. I'm not going to ask what pop they want." 


When it's so windy (while you're biking) that you get an earache and then a little nauseous. I didn't know that was possible. 

Seagulls in North Dakota; I'm confused, they're confused, we're both confused. 

Spreading natural (refrigerated) peanut butter on extremely soft white bread. #doesntwork

San Antonio ads on Pandora Radio. I lived there 8 years ago; get with the times, Pandora. 

When you're in line for Redbox and the family in front of you takes FOREVER. Like go-through-every-single-movie-and-read-the-bios forever. And, yes, they do see you waiting. 

Struggles of a particular Wednesday evening: I need to finish my lecture... but I'm so hungry... but I'm tired and this floor is so comfortable.



//the awesome


Dining service employee says, "my pleasure". Love it! Prior Chickfila employee, maybe? 


By the end of the week, I will have biked a little over 300 miles (starting July 1st), which means I only spent 10 bucks on gas. Oh yeah! I heart biking. 

Finishing 5 semester credits in 3 weeks. and then 12 credits in about 12 weeks. 


The way God provides for a place for me to live in AZ. It's pretty amazing-- ask me about it sometime! 



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are some pictures, because what's a blog post without pictures? 


 ^^ I'm seriously going to miss these sunsets. God is really amazing!
^^Late night facial mask concoction.
^^old tshirt's new identity. headband. 
^^my summer in a nutshell portable file. 
 ^^a random afternoon snack because I didn't eat lunch.
 ^^ laundry day. 
^^ after laundry day. packing! 
piles staying here, piles going to AZ, piles going to HI, 
piles going to Plato's Closet, and piles going to Goodwill. 
Piles, piles, piles.


If you've missed old awk&awe posts, they're here.


2 comments:

  1. It's so strange to me how different parts of the country call soda by different names...haha. I always call it soda but a lot of my friends call it coke. Weird.

    It's awesome that you are biking so much! :)

    Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.