Sunday, October 5, 2014

the crash

How did the SUV not push my car door in and squish me?
How did I stay out of the way of the car right beside me?
How did I not hit anyone else? Or a tree?
How did I not get hit by on-coming traffic?
How did the police, ambulance and fire truck get there so quickly?
How did I leave the scene without a scratch or bruise?
How did I wake up the next day without any stiffness or soreness?
Why was I not afraid to die?

(pictures were not taken the day of the crash... but a post without pictures, isn't really a post- in my opinion. ;) )


I was on my way to Starbucks to do some studying, but God had a different plan for me that afternoon when a teenage girl driving a big white SUV turned into my lane.


It was a three lane (each direction) road with a speed limit of 45 mi/hr. I was in the middle lane, and she pulled out of a side street and made too wide of a left turn. She hit the right side of my car and that angled my car just enough to have me drive over the elevated median with shrubs and trees, then to the middle lane of on-coming traffic. I swerved and finally stopped with my car halfway on the median and half still in the street. The girl quickly came over to see if I was okay. I got out of the car on the passenger side and called 911. As I was doing that, the couple that was beside/behind me, saw it all happen and said they had called 911 too. Within what seemed like less than three minutes, EM's and police were on the scene asking me questions, takings my vials and getting information. I was in complete shock up until calling, and then I sobbed like a baby the rest of the "event". The sweet couple let me stay in their AC'ed car and gave me some water as the paperwork (which is now ipadwork) was happening. (Let me quickly remind you it's really hot here in Phoenix.)

The car was towed because the side was smashed and front wheels were flat and bent up Surprisingly, the windows weren't shattered and the airbags didn't go off. 

Everyone involved or almost involved was okay and that's what matters. Praise the Lord. 


I'm not mad or angry at the girl who hit me, even if I had ended up in the hospital or worse, I don't think I could be. I empathize with her; it could have happened to me when I was her age or even now. She was shaking as she came over to see if I was ok. She was scared and now (probably) embarrassed and feeling guilty. I'm happy she was able to learn from a minor accident then from one of more serious outcomes. 


So again, I ask these questions:
How did the SUV not push my car door in and squish me?
How did I stay out of the way of the car right beside me?
How did I not hit anyone else? Or a tree?
How did I not get hit by on-coming traffic?
How did the police, ambulance and fire truck get there so quickly?
How did I leave the scene without a scratch or bruise?
How did I wake up the next day without any stiffness or soreness?
Why was I not afraid to die?


God was protecting me, Jesus had the wheel, and angels were around me.

He must still have a purpose for me here on earth.
:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.