Saturday, February 2, 2013

awkward and awesome! 2/2/13


awesome:

- swimming laps for the first time in forever. And by forever, I mean a year or so.

- witnessing Sun Dogs. I hadn't heard of them until moving here. They are just incredible! If you don't know what they are, google 'em. Or better yet, come to North Dakota and experience them first-hand!

- FaceTiming my family- especially Elias and Lucy. Haha, it's quite entertaining. 

- just soaking in all that God has blessed me with this year (and last.)

- the dance party at church! Fun night... even if I can't dance.

 Hooray for grainy pictures. ;)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

awkward:
- getting an insurance receipt from my parents in my birthday card. Yay, thanks mom and dad! ;)

- negative one degrees and half the people coming through the drive-thru at the coffee shop want iced drinks. why people, why?

- *walking into the library from the parking lot* before I get to the building, a police officer pulls up, rolls down his window, hands me a book and asks if I can donate it for him. Sure thing, mister.

-the problems with taking a shower at the pool's locker room. There were two knobs: "C" and "I". I thought to myself, oh great, Cold and Icy. Fantastic. Then I realized the "I" was actually a "H", so I turn that one on AND IT NEVER GOT HOT. Not even lukewarm. It's negative something outside and I'm taking an icy cold shower. Haha. Yeah, that was fun. The "H" was actually an "I". I was right the first time.

- I was wrapping up my pot at the end of my ceramics class one night, but it started leaning to one side (because it was top heavy and too wet) so I quickly caught it, somewhat, but I still needed help. I just looked at my instructor and he knew. His quick moves (like jumping up and over the table) saved the day. I think he's a ninja. Anyways, my pot was pretty messed up, but still salvageable. 


This is a picture of my pot before it was 4 inches taller and before it flopped over.
It looks a lot different now thanks to the major changes I needed to give it.


4 comments:

  1. Oooh yay, you do ceramics! I took four ceramics classes, it was such an adventure. Do you do handbuilding or wheel thrown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so fun! :D This is my first class in ceramics (besides taking it once in 8th grade). We've only done pinch and coil pots. I'm painting the coiled one now. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I always love awkward and awesome posts. Ceramics class sounds awesome! Too funny about the birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! :D My mom gave me permission to mention the card. ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.