Tuesday, June 11, 2013

keālia trail

we made it to the top!
nate was telling us all about the runway and the planes that were taking off or landing.
do you see that little neon green dot in the middle of the picture? that's kai. :)
one of my favorite pictures
cousin amanda, me and kai
an airplane pulling a glider
lunch on the beach.

according to my phone app "mapmyrun", the hike was 4 miles roundtrip [from the car, to the top, to the car again.] this hike didn't have much shade but the view was gorgeous the whole way up. umm, 19 switchbacks? i think that's how many we counted. it was great that my dad had the day off, so he AND my cousin (she actually lives near it on that side of the island so she mentioned/recommended going on this hike... she was our 'tour guide') were able to come! 

p.s. i hope all these hiking posts aren't getting too boring, because i'm going to keep posting about them. if you do get bored, you can just ignore them. they're mostly just for me and my family (but mostly just for me.) i want to be able to remember all the great times i've had here. :) i think i go on a different hike at least once maybe two times a week... i have to get my hiking-fix before heading back to grand forks. haha. hiking even just a small hill in that state is nonexistent. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh man...it is SO beautiful there! Seriously, I'm loving all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Can't wait to get my "fix." =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's a shame we won't be on the island together, BUT I'm glad you can come out here to hike and relax!! :))

      Delete

i love comments; they're the best.
:) thanks for stopping by & have a blessed day.